DIPLOMA IN PASTRY AND BAKERY MANAGEMENT (DPBM)
This course is designed to educate students in the art of Baking and
Pastry Arts. Students will learn the basics of mixing, shaping and baking of several
baked goods including breads, cakes, pastry dough, mousses, sauces, glazes,
cookies, candies and confections. Plated desserts, international baked foods, chocolate
work and decorated cakes are highlighted. In addition, students will be introduced to
decorating techniques. Students learn in a well-equipped, modern kitchen and also
prepare food for school functions and community service events. This course includes
classroom instruction and practical lab work in a commercial kitchen
- This Baking and Pastry Arts Management program features exclusive experiential learning opportunities in a state-of-the-art baking labs.
- Hands-on learning experiences will prepare you for the industry.
- You learn from knowledgeable members who have years of industry experience.
Candidates for admission will be required to possess:
- One principal pass and two subsidiaries obtained at the same sitting and 5 passes at ‘O’ level obtained at the same sitting or
- Certificate in hotel/institutional catering obtained from a recognized Institution or examination board.
- Any other qualification considered by the admission board of Hotel and Tourism Institutes as equivalent to ‘A’ level.
HOW TO APPLY
Please follow the links below to apply;
For more information please/ contact :
The Office of the Academic Registrar,
Uganda Hotel and Tourism Training Institute,
P. O. BOX 444 Jinja, Uganda.
Tel: +256-434-121954, +256- 392-846885