The mandate of UHTTI is derived from the Uganda Hotel and Tourism Training Institute (UHTT) Act 2015
- Provide for studies, training or research in subjects relating to Tourism Hotel management and catering.
- Develop and enhance linkages or collaboration with stakeholders and other training and other training institutions at both national and international level.
- Develop technical and social skills and correct attitudes through flexible research based on practical pro tourism curriculum.
- Issue awards upon satisfactory fulfillment of curriculum examination requirements.
- Strengthen institute capacity to cater for its operations management, logistics and infrastructure development.
- Manage national curriculum on hotel and tourism training.
- Provide practical capacity building in hotel operations.